Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Lafayette LA 975

Well, it's been here a couple of weeks but I just haven't had the time until today. Not a proper setup, but it was really only for testing purposes to leave eBay feedback. Picked up the little Canton sub a couple of days later so killing two birds with one stone.

When I gave my old Lafayette amp to my son it also included the matching tuner, the same Canton sub, and a pair of modified Optimus Pro X77's on stands I built.

Back to the sound, well it's as warm and liquid as I remember, but the little Pioneer elite player is showing its digitalness compared with my Sonys. The sub integrates very well with the Canton plus S sats it was designed to go with, no mystery there lol. Now that my son is older with a family I thought it would be great to give him this sweet little setup, might throw in the Pioneer too, (already gave him another awhile ago). Was thinking it would be nice for him to later gift it to his son, Martin III, a third generation first stereo.

Martin

Edits: 04/20/17 04/20/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Lafayette LA 975 - Kingshead 12:25:38 04/20/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.