Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Looking for a 2 channel either receiver or amp. and pre-amp here is what I have seen...

The KA-3500 is a sweet little amp with the signature Kenny sound. Back in the late 70's my brother and I visited our local sound shop "World of Sound" in Stuart Fl, he purchased the 3500, I left with the 7100, another sweet amp from Kenwood. Very similar presentation with the 7100 having more power it just had the edge driving my AR-12's back in the day.

Recently missing my old friend I went looking for another 7100, but ended up with the 7300 as I needed it's ability to separate the preamp section from the power amp portion. This was very fortuitous as the 7300 is also true dual mono throughout, the two channels only sharing a power cord. The Kenny sound was still there but just oh so sweet.

Like many of Kenwood's top units at that time the 7300 sports the Darlington output modules that are apparently unobtainium now, if a problem I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now I've just been enjoying the sweet music it produces for the last couple of yrs without a hiccup.

Martin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.