Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

ADC 404

Just got a set of ADC 404 monitors in today. I have been wanting a set of these for some time now and finally got them. I understand from some reviews on the net that one person said "They lack dynamics." While this is actually true I prefer the warm sound that these produce. Since I have nothing that comes close to my beloved Advent speakers that I let go I got these. The only speaker I have that is even close to being warm is a set of KLH Model Research Ten in the basement. It's been a real long time since I've posted on here. Since my time away I purchased a home, bought my first set of Bowers & Wilkins and so much more. I really miss collecting vintage audio and these little 404's resparked my interest in the rather expensive but addictive hobby. I had a dream last night that my Original Advent Large, Smaller Advent, Boston A-100II, Acoustic Research AR-4x, New Advent Large, and some other speakers I forgot were in my brother's basement not being taken care of. It was a nightmare actually. But on the other hand that's what being a collector is all about. You have to let things go to make room for things you haven't heard yet. But I still miss those Advent's something terrible. Ho hum but enough of this babbling. The 404's are a real gem, love these little guys so damn much!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - ADC 404 - xrayspex78 14:39:33 07/03/12 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.