Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Got 'em both

I use a Kenwood Sirius plug and play unit that goes from my car to a dock at my stereo which is then connected to my pre via interconnects. I also have DishTV connected through a fine Sony XBR TV to my preamp by unbalanced interconnects.

Sound is very good. Not CD but better than FM in my area, coastal oregon, by a long shot. Programming is just excellent. I love their classical channels, and their Jazz selection of 'streams' is astoundingly good.

Frankly, my dishTV setup sounds a bit better, though, there is a small delay in the signal over the Sirius unit. I don't really know or care why.

I enjoy Sirius Radio. I think it is a valuable source of music and news. the fact that the music streams of sirius is available on DishTv is just a bonus.

For the extreme audiophool, Sirius or XM may not provide enough fidelity. OTOH, the musical programming is first rate and very enjoyable for listenning. As background music, it is great. As a musical companion in my car, I have it hooked to my head unit via interconnect rather that a FM modulator. I find it sounds much better than the FM modulated signal.

I drive a lot across country. Sirius Rocks. It is an amazing source of entertainment and information, to include traffic and weather. It is worth the price IMO.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Got 'em both - oofer 16:39:10 08/02/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.