Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

I can't tell you how many tuners I've owned

I really dig FM, and have owned a lot of tuners over the years. I have come to the same place as you, that being: a remote is mandatory. That leaves out the various affordable Magnum Dynalabs, except for their Parasound Halo clone, which I found to have had great detail but lacked a certain warmth. I presently use a vintage Rotel with a full remote function the RT990BX which sounds almost as good as the very expensive Rotel RHT-10. The various Rega tuners are good, especially the Rega Radio 2000. The newer Rega Radio-3 sounded good but has a nasty "Bug" wherein when you use the station pre-sets the sound level deminishes and you have to crank up your amp. The Cambridge to my ears was just so,so, YMMV. I did come accross a great buy in a modern remote tuner, having both detail & warmth, the Cayin tuner which retails for about $349.00 sold by www.thetunerguy.com
The owner, Franz is a good guy and is honest. Once in a while you can save a few $$$ when he sells a demo.
Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead. (Don't ask)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I can't tell you how many tuners I've owned - hifinutt 12:12:19 06/19/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.