Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Well, all things considered here,

... the higher the antenna, the better the reception. Likewise, having the antenna NOT in the attic will minimize any deterimantal effects having it enclosed might have.

Unless extreme weather is a major issue, I'd put outside and as high up as I could.

As far as a rotater goes, the answer to this depends greatly on your location (direction) relative to that of the stations you want to receive, the distance between you and them and the terrain between you and them.

I'm just outside of NYC and do quite well with a cheapo turnstile on a 10" mast on the chimney. All fairly local stations in all directions are readily available with this setup.

Your situation may differ. If you are in the middle of nowhere, many, many miles from the station, you'll need a directional yagi.... maybe even a really, really big 'un if you are far enough.

If all stations are in one direction, you won't need a rotator. If they are all over the map, then you'll need that rotator.

But, then again, you didn't offer any clues to what you need.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.