Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

in my system...

I go from the digital out (toslink) on the dish box directly into a digital in on my pre-pro. I do not use the digital to audio on my dish box, as I am sure the one in my pre-pro is much better.

The sound is surprising good. The selection of music, even on classical (on 2 real stations) is superb compared to local. There are 5 jazz stations and about 20 rock ones.

I do not want to sound like a shill for them. I am curious, as the sound does not sound as dynamic as a good CD and does not seem to have the bass also, but it is pretty good, better than my memory orf most mp3's or cassettes.

I emailed Dish and Sirius this question and got a hilarious response talking about "Statistical Multiplexing technology" that told me nothing except that the signal is "way better than fm"

I have a decent FM tuner and can get very good reception here in the SF area. Sadly, the program material of local stations (with one exeption 91.1 jazz) is terrible, so who cares about the quality.

I am still curious as to how the technical side of these transmissions compare to high quality fm or to cd. May be a mystery.

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • in my system... - MarkCR 09:01:43 06/15/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.