Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Thanks Eli! All the receivers are AM/FM and all have two terminals for AM, including a ground.

I just checked.

So, I will try a splitter into a 75/300 balun for AM, and enough twin fig-8 cable to reach the two terminals.

[The old network was installed by me along with the antenna mast and antennas, over the years. It all used to be RG11, and RF TV and FM were shared on that network. The two spare half used reels came from an office IT network installation. RG11 is a real bastard to install through hardwood base-boards. Working under a sprung hardwood floor, real close to the ground, plus left-over tiles, timber, rubble, timber, and spilled mortar, let alone spiders et al, isn't heaps of fun and I'm getting old.]

Now it's all RG6, separate runs for TV and for FM. from wall-plate to wall plate.

That is, no splitter-baluns under the roof tiles OR under the house. I'd probably need some kind of matching connection in-to the FM coax, anyway.

OTOHand, an alternative to all this speculation is to tell the Australian MFRs of the mast-mount AM antenna what I want to do and get their advice.

I'll try that mid-next week.

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

Edits: 08/16/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks Eli! All the receivers are AM/FM and all have two terminals for AM, including a ground. - Timbo in Oz 23:22:18 08/16/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.