Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Sending AM signals down the house' FM coax?! feasible?

1 a. This would reduce the installation cost of the enclosed, shielded, mast-mount, powered remote AM antenna I'm saving up for. If I can feed it into the existing and new FM cabling and tap off into the AM RCVRs in the house.

1 b. What should I use to tap into the AM signal, off the wall plates? A splitter and then? a balun and a bit of twin ribbon?

2 Why does Timbo WANT to do this?

a. Any AM antenna inside gives lots of crackles. Even tunable coils. And, there are/will be three other AM/FM rcvr s in the house.

b. Several AM stations here do music of value to me, some of the time, and most of them transmit with a wide audio BW to boot.

2c. I have a wide audio BW AM rcvr, mono only, but ICGAS. And there are other AM/FM boxes in-house

2d. News! I am becoming irritated by the breathless, agitated, style of 24hr news on TV. Particularly the 'morning presenter genre'. Our ABC (sort of BBC?) radio news manages to avoid this.

TIA

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Sending AM signals down the house' FM coax?! feasible? - Timbo in Oz 21:03:08 08/16/19 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.