Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Disappointed with KCSM

I'm looking for my twitter account right now. It appears to be how the station corresponds with it's listeners.

Anyway, many stations have improved their antenna system I would guess, so I now get good reception to both KCSM and KDFC and can tell you that there are four stations with outstanding signals:

KQED
KDFC
KCSM
KPFA

KCEA, the big band station, seems a bit underpowered, but good signal quality otherwise.

Problem I'm having with KCSM, however, is that they are overemphasizing their lows or mids or something. While every station appears to be doing this, with KQED being the most neutral AFAIK, KCSM is clearly going too far in this direction. I got to tell them.

I have my reference tuner AND a SansDisk, I paid $50 dollars for, and I think the quality suffers on both devices.

I won't even mention the Rock stations which also sound compressed to me. In an automobile, that is not so bad, afterall, most of it is not meant to sound good anyway ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Disappointed with KCSM - jedrider 10:52:47 05/17/16 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.