Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Well done! (I recall the FM5) - another option, is a small say 3 element antenna pointing at the offender

and connected out-of-phase with the main antenna, you'd need a combiner on the mast as well. If you are not using a rotator, there's just the issue of vertical spacing on your existing mast, 6ft being the minimum.

Of course the offender would have to be a station you'll never bother listening to! ;-)

Better IF filters -might- do the job on their own, and the tuner has a wide/narrow switch?

Option 2: ONLY IF you have a truly large loft space with a truly long diagonal in the direction of your WRR!? Getting an even bigger signal from it than any retail Yagi or LPD could manage - even stacked. A rhombic wire made from twin lead, with sides well above (double?) the wavelength at 100Mhz of about 10 feet. The existing Wineguard could then be used for an even deeper notch, or for any other station you've wondered about. When the 3 element would be needed for the notch.

If it were me I'd get the filters, then consider how much quieter and clearer I'd like WRR to be, as well. You'd also know how problematic the offender is after the filters.

I've posted the URL for the rhombic article below.

Good luck.

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Well done! (I recall the FM5) - another option, is a small say 3 element antenna pointing at the offender - Timbo in Oz 13:25:47 11/23/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.