Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: I've got one.....

You know, it's been a while since I've seen it. When I bought it, I'd just gotten the silver one and it had been aligned and had a few caps replaced. I just bought the black one because I'd never seen one. I used it for a while and it seemed to be in good shape, but then I also have a McIntosh MR78 which while not sounding as smooth did a better job of picking up weak stations, so I was using it.

I just hooked up the silver one in the new house when we moved and the black one is in a box buried with 50 others in the basement.

Anyway, I seem to think the lettering is etched, but I wouldn't swear to it. I'm needing to rearrange that stack, so I'll check it if I run across it.

I've never had loss of detection with the silver one. The black one wasn't run all that long though I seem to recall that it might have had a bit of the opto-coupler problem.

Thanks for the tip on the glass. I've heard that before and the black one is dirty, looks like smoke residue as well. I thought about getting the replacement one from Classic Audio. And someone did clean the silver one probably as a piece of the 10B logo is missing along with part of a number on the FM. You have to look to find them, but it's a bummer.

Oh well, for being nearly as old as I am, it's in better shape.

-Rod

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.