Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: plate load-"brilliant" question

not too many variables... i just wanted to be clear...

since the plates are tued together, i would think you would be getting the equivalent of 30ma of current per 1/2 since they
are in parallel, you could try just using 1 plate and your bias should go up because you will be drawing double the current...
its worth a try.

i never thought about the 60hz hum when using an DHR... so thanks for that pointer... maybe thats the problem with the 83
too???

how about tryong a hum-balance on the rectifer??? i think its probably step in the wrong direction, but it would be
interesting to try i would use gordons trick of a 100 ohm pot bypassed with 10 ohm resistors and maybe bypass them with
caps???

you could also try bypassing just the filament with caps... again wrong direction i suspect but something may be found
out...

i don't much care for the filament supply for the rectifier... so maybe the search must start for that elusive inefficient
IDR.... damn.... i opened up the book and out jumped the 6853... looks like an IDR same specs as the 5y3 but it shows a cathode (filament is connected to the cathode) ...probably as easy to
find as the 8212 and the 8213...

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.