Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Let talk sense.

Finally, you start talking sense with me.

First off, who started this flame war. Surely it was NOT me. You initiated this nasty personal attacks on me since day one.

I only retaliate whoever spits in my face. In this part of the world, we call it "you scratch my back, I scratch yours". I just squared it out. Now you feel the pain of my retaliation. Have you ever try to put yourself in my shoes of this nasty peronal attack victim?

I don't need to know how experienced you are in your DIYs. This is not my job. I am too busy for such 'gossipping, or 'reverse social
carnibolism'. But for personal attacks on me, I vow to persue total
retaliation. Period.

If you have read in between the lines of my fire-backs to you (I though your native Englsih should be good enough for thst), you should know I really don't need you to present your own designs here in AA. There is nothing wrong with battery bias. In fact, it is an
excellent approach.

The "xenophobic cynical" comments I made to you just let you realize how ridiculous you were to have openly challenged me on this & that. You don't need to do so but you chose to do it, repeatedly. Apparently, you didin't mind upsetting people out of nothing? IMO, you are 'something else'. But, why?

I'm sure this is NOT English traditional culture as I know quite a few English friends in U.K. They are all so nice & considerate. I still recall while I was on business trip in Midland, England, I was singly invited by a good friend there, to join his Christmas dinner at home with his big family. There I was honoured with 'carving the beef' which only the master of the house is entitled to do so there.

In fact, one of my best audio friends here in Canada is an English businessman with a mouthful of strong English accent. I am now in the process of upgrading his beloved all-triode line amp & #32 two-tube SE monoblocks, which he bought for big big bucks from an ex-engineer of Sonic Frontiers who custom-built for him, a couple years ago. I am not happy with the sound at all since day one.

His rig also includes a Thorens TT/Sonic Frontiers phono booster, a Quad CD player/control unit, & 6 1/2" Lowther in local-made horn cabinet built to Lowther specs. My first successful step was to have the expensive preamp replaced with my own dirt-cheap hand-built line-amp. He is very happy already as the sound is now all 'set free' & open up, rather than like 'playing in a nutshell' before. But, not yet.....

Let's be down-to-earth (I use this English phase used so often in
U.K.), there is nothing NEW under the sun. Unless I miss a lot, I have NOT seen any tube circuitry that is new to me yet. CCS? I read tons of these circuits in many Japanese DIY journals decades ago. Parafeeds? RCA & WE published those many many decades ago. If a DIYer comes up with a tube amp circuit & tell me it is an OWN design. I
would suggest that whoever to get it patented right the way. "HAHAhahah. I gonna laugh my head off".

Subjective tweaks "that can not be proved or have any tehnical
foundation whatsover".

How are you so sure? Have you ever tried it? You know how many
DIYers tried it out with audio improved results?

Please answer me this very often asked question about tube amps.
"Why a tube amp measured some 5% distortion can sound so much
better than a solidstate amp which meassures far far better?"
So what "technical foundation whatsover" can explain this?

If my English is written not mother tongue enough, you native English
need polish, bigtime, so as to prevent back-fires.

Enough said.

Good "polished" listening

C-J
Jan 23, 2004.

PS: Hopefully, I won't get shot 'point-blank' again out of the blue.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Let talk sense. - cheap-Jack 09:20:57 01/30/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.