Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: update 2

Yes, I was using an 8 ohm resistor across the opt output leads, and no the resistor does not get warm, and yes I realize that voltage is way too high.
However;

I went ahead and tried your test and got a 0.12 volts reading with the dvm on the signal generator output and 0.13 volts using the scope. I was very careful to follow the directions in the scope manual for measuring voltages. That seems like a pretty good match to me. HOWEVER, when I switched over to the amplifier everything went gunny sack. I did not change any of the settings, but I had to go clear up to 50 volts/division to get a sine wave that would stay within the screen of the scope, and that was with only 1/3 volume on the amp. I think the scope is working ok because it read the signal generator ok. I do not have a clue why the voltage is so high when I switch to the amp. I follow the instructions in the scope manual again, but obviously something is wrong somewhere. The final thing is the amp doesn't play any loader than my SET 2A3, so I know the voltage has to be wrong. I am just going to build the other channel for now and forget about trying to figure the watts unless someone has a eureka moment from reading these posts. Maybe deaf by khorns can add something if he checks back in. Thanks for the effort.

Edits: 02/19/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.