Tube DIY Asylum

this hobby may just make me crazy.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I decided to switch some 813's around and I also put several twists in the wires going up to the plate connector. That seemed to help quite a bit (not sure which one) as the hum level is way down again now. The filaments are still not even, but that is probably due to the fact it was difficult to get an accurate measurement of the AC voltage coming off the small switchers. I will just have to live with it for now and hope it isn't high enough to do any real damage.
Other problem is i have no way to test 813's except by plugging them into the amp. None of my testers are set up for transmission tubes. I guess i will just plug my extras in one at a time in a side that I know is working right and see what happens.
I think I am just going to run it for awhile now and see if anything else turns up before going on to measure the power output and the operating points. they should be close because I did not change any thing from when it was bread boarded.

Follow Ups: