Tube DIY Asylum

State of the art is perfect?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

How did you come up with that? Nothing man made is perfect and never will be. Where I come from "state of the art" is the best you can do with modern tools, components and knowledge. And it keeps getting better but it will never be perfect.

I think you missed my point entirely. I didn't say an amp designed via simulation is perfect. I was attempting to show how sophisticated modern circuit design tools have become. That based on these endless claims here by people who do not even work in any electronics field claiming what we can and can't measure accurately these days.

It is a fact that the professional version of Spice programs can do this level of simulation. That's is to process a .wav of other audio file through a simulated circuit and "record" the output into another file for analysis.

A lot of members here who do not work in the industry have no idea of the level of electronic measurement sophistication we have today.

Now who can design a better amplifier assuming comparable skill levels. Somebody soldering parts together and listening. Or someone armed with these tools?

BTW, I posted my "beer budget" system up top.

Follow Ups: