Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: triode wired KT88

Let's just stick to the original statement

"Think of it this way-- a PP circuit is a processor-- it forces reduction of signals and distortions found in the Common Mode--including musical artifacts that are in the common mode (not all parts of music are),"

since I don't think any of the further complications of microphones with two coils, etc., added anything particularly useful.

You appear to be saying that if you just take a perfectly standard unbalanced audio signal, e.g. from a CD player or a record player, then some of the musical content is in "common mode" and some is not. Sticking just with this case, can you give a definition of what you mean when you say the signal is composed of part that is in common mode and part that is not?

It doesn't seem to me that there is any notion of part of a musical signal coming out of a standard unbalanced source (one "live" wire and one ground wire) having any "common mode" part. It is just a signal on a single wire.

Therefore I ask again, for this simple situation, if you can define what you mean by the "common mode" part of that musical signal.

Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: triode wired KT88 - cpotl 21:52:06 06/26/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.