Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Cool little Sakuma Style 6bq5 amp

While I was listening to the 813 amp burn in this morning I was looking back through my notebooks for a candidate for my next breadboard project.I ran across a hard copy of one called "Sakuma style single ended EL84 drive el84". I had printed a copy out a while back intending to do a breadboard and got busy with other things. It's a very simple amp so I put one channel together this afternoon and was amazed at how good it sounds. Went on the web to try and find the article to share with everyone, but it appears the site no longer exists. All I have is the one hard copy. If anyone has an electronic copy could you please post it? It is a great little amp with a very low parts count. The el84 has always been one of my favorite tubes, but about all you ever see are pp designs. This one has the sonic signature of an el84 and the sound of an se amp, and that is a great combination. If no one has an electronic copy of the original article, I guess I could post a photo of the schem for one channel. I can not believe the sound you get with so few parts, and I am a firm believer in the KISS principal.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Cool little Sakuma Style 6bq5 amp - vinnie2 16:36:12 06/02/17 (57)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.