Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 6SN7 circuit

I like the 6W6 tube myself and think it'd be an excellent choice. As a matter of fact I was the one that suggested its use (along with the 6V6) in a preamp thread of yours a few months back, if I remember correctly.

When I was looking into the BV preamp, I thought that instead of using around 15dB of local NFB at the output section only, it would be a good idea to cascade two anode followers each having around 10-12 db of local feedback. I ran some numbers at the time but couldn't get the input impedance of the first stage high enough to my liking and didn't want to transfer the burden of driving the preamp to the source ahead of it.

I didn't spent too much time on that exercise, but now that I think about it, maybe a high mu tube such as the 6SL7 at the input position, configured as an anode follower with a gain of ~2 driving another AF, say a 6w6, wouldn't be a bad idea. But then you're moving completely away from the 6SN7 which you probably don't want to do.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of this circuit, I now might take another look at it.

Edits: 03/27/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 6SN7 circuit - sideliner 10:23:57 03/27/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.