Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

We don't disagree...

My post was in response to the OP who wrote at the end of his previous post, "I guess my takeaway from this thread is that no commercial metallized film capacitors are acceptable."

I was offering up two brands of metallized polypropylene that I have found to be "acceptable" when using film and foil types was not an option. Of course, "acceptable" is in the ear of the listener. I can only name two brands, because I found those two to be superior to a few others, which I did not name. (For sure, I've tried Solens, REL, and Sprague brands.) But I certainly have not tried every single other option, and I certainly would not say that Auricaps or Dynamicaps are superior to even film and foil types, always my first option.

In answer to your question, I have no idea how much of Auricap's or Sonicap's reputation is BS. I just listen for myself. I wouldn't recommend Sonicap, because I have never experimented with that brand. For that matter, Dynamicaps are in some cases as physically large as a good F&F, so not much of a help in tight spaces.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.