Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: And I personally owned Marantz 9's with OEM Rack Mount faceplates

Cool Vintage system. Thanks for the picture.

As I re-look, I must have owned those M-9-Rs about 1978. I never had them on my Tannoy Monitor Gold 15s. The more I think about it, I had them running on Single and Double KLH 9 ESLs.

Here is a ( bad ) photo of me broadly smiling in 1978, as I was taking home my second pair of KLH 9s. I bought this pair from Bobby Casner, a mailman who lived on Venice Blvd, in Venice, CA . I drove them ( carefully, on back city streets, slowly ) to my place in West L.A. - The same place that Alan Sides used to visit.

Have fun, I sure do. For 2017, its a DIY two stage DC SET JJ 2A3-40 amp, powering ALTEC A7-800s, with 395 pounds of concrete mass - loading per 825 enclosure. 515Bs and 802Ds. No preamp, an attenuator.

Crooner, add about 45 pounds of concrete patio blocks, on TOP of each of those small speakers. It will play WAY more focused in the midrange, and will be the most effective audio tweak you have ever experienced.

I go to Lowes, and a 16.5 pounds patio tile, is only about $1.57, ten cents a pound. At my Wal Mart, $1.37 a piece. TRY three, on each box, I promise you, you will be hooked for life !! That speaker, (all speakers), is rattling around, all over itself !!!

Jeff

Edits: 03/23/17 03/23/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.