Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: PP Class A OPT Loading

since you are talking about PP and the load each tube sees, lets go back to the simple aspects.

I think the first flaw thus far was the treatment of the other tube. The first order approximation for either case demands the other tube to be considered as an active device in either the ON or OFF position and when in the ON position the signals must be matched. In 'ideal' class A it is on and 100% inverted thus energizing the entire winding with identical currents. In class B it is an open circuit which removes 1/2 of the transformer winding from the picture.

I don't see tube Rp coming into the picture here unless you want to consider output impedance, so lets leave that for a more complex model.

What I see as the important consideration of a more complex model is how closely matched the + and - going signals are. Any deviation from identical will shift the behavior from one behavior of the transformer to the other.

Again I'll refer back to the concept of summing stereo to mono. Many people suggest that a transformer can be used. I don't see that as a viable option since the 'ideal' transformer is invisible. Since we are trying to build the second order model, I guess it needs to be asked what is the first thing that is going to mess up? (what assumption of the ideal are we going to violate to add another parameter?)

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PP Class A OPT Loading - dave slagle 21:22:27 03/19/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.