Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Thanks !!

I do admit, I stir the pot and tease the "straighter" (non imaginative) EEs way tooooo much...its sorta fun. But - it gets me in trouble.

Yes, A-B sessions might help make progress quickly. The guy who is now posting as "rage" just did one last week, with a partially finished amp, and Willie did a "show and tell" with his reference 2A3 DC amp in St. Louis a couple weeks ago. Willie Rivers Jr. (Drummerwill) is COOL, nice person.

Its not just low DCR, but the use of lower HY and lower C that comes into the mix. Respected Engineers and Forum members such as John Swenson and JLH (John L. Hasquin) have used this technique very productively in their amp designs, as has and is Larry Moore of UltraFi. I don't really know who Deathtube is, but he is certainly independent and having a ball with listening, on modest equipment too, which is refreshing.

My current build, a SE DC6AQ5 amp, WAS to have been modest, but I can see I am getting carried away

If you need any application help, or have questions, feel free to contact me.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks !! - drlowmu 18:46:17 03/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.