Tube DIY Asylum

Re: plate load-"brilliant" question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Thread:  Display  Email ] [ Tube DIY Asylum ] [ FAQ ]

Well, there was 60hz hum. Plenty of it. However, I was using SV572-10's as a linestage, so that could have been the cause of that. The reason I lost interest was that there was a ton of higher frequency hash. When I turned on my speakers, there was just solid noise. I don't have a scope, so I couldn't look at. I didn't really ever track down what the problem was. I just unclipped it all and moved on to other things. It looked cool, though - the bright white 572-10's and the blue 866a's (I had them in the supply too).

Reading your other posts now, I did try a hum balance pot on the 866a filament - it helped some, but not enough. I had a huge amount of voltage present on the outputs initially and tweaking the hum pot got it low enough for me to actually turn on my speakers to listen to. Well, I never actually listened to anything through it...

John

Follow Ups:

You can not post to an archived thread.

[
Contact Us ] [ Support/Wish List ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]

[ General ] [ Speakers ] [ Tubes ] [ Vinyl ] [ Digital ] [ Hi-Rez ] [ Video Asylum ] [ Cables ] [ Tweaks/DIY ] [ Music ] [ Films ]