Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Denon Cassette deck...

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words as much as I appreciate this deck. I'm nervous though, what do I do when it starts to go? By then there may not be good decks around. I also have a dual well Sony deck that is not bad, and it was free as well! I've tried to find decks as good as the Denon for cheap, but I've failed. I wish just one company would make good decks now. I've looked pretty hard, but you can't really get a dual capstan 3 head deck anymore. There are still a couple made than have fine bias adjust. I've even tried to find replacement parts for this deck to no avail. Any suggestions would be sppreciated. Thanks again for the compliments. I know it's not the best deck in the world, it could have been made better and easier to repair.

I had an old JVC 3 head, dual capstan with all the same features and it was much easier to install replacement parts. It didn't sound as nice as the Denon, but it was a cinch to repair. Unfortunately it need a new motor for the take-up reel and JVC no longer has any.............that's another long story. I still have this deck. If anyone wants it, it's free. Just pay shipping. I have an extra pinch roller and engage motor for it. All free to a good home.
Silver Iris owning analog addict. Please help.....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Denon Cassette deck... - danielaclark2003@yahoo.com 23:20:44 09/04/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.