Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Just in

In the meantime I was able to make the platters work on this machine.

There were originally parts for it, but no one seems to even know about them, let along have them.

Miraculously, I was able to find the disks in Europe - but they came without the associated hardware - the hub and the lock. I have only seen the very small and fuzzy pictures of that, so I had to create my own missing parts.

These plates are 12" in diameter.

The reel tables also had to be modified, as the standard (Studer style) platter locks don't work with them.

So after making all the missing parts I finally got it working. It is not ideal, because putting it on takes a bit more time, than I would like, but actually, less time than it takes to switch on the Telefunken, so I am not totally unhappy.

To me this was important because most of my recorded collection is on such bobbies.

In the meantime, I am getting good grab on the variable rewind procedure for this machine - it requires some hand coordination, but once mastered, it is working like a charm. It has very broad range of speeds, from the near-zero, to pretty darn fast, and it produces perfectly packed tape - as you see in the pictures.

One other bit of info - that additional playback head on my headblock is, indeed, the Flux Magnetics extended range head... and it seems totally magnificent.

Edits: 04/03/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Just in - Victor Khomenko 05:52:31 04/03/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.