Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

UPDATE: I Fixed my Luxman K03..

I went over to the Tapeheads Forum and got some great info/help.

My Luxman K03 wasn't recording correctly (distorted) wasn't erasing tapes at all, no matter Brand new tapes or old ones.

So today with all the great help I started looking into my Schematics to get the parts and values that I was planning to replace since this is a common failure with the Luxman/Alpines plus Nakamichi's. I went to the main PCB and was checking the voltage values for the erase and record heads. Everything was good. So saw the connectors that were the erase and record heads right there next to the Test Points I was checking. Disconnected and reconnected a few times. I went back and tried that tape again, this time it did erase and record fine. So it was the Connectors that were oxidized plus two switches on the front panel.

All Bias calibrations and Level calibrations are working fine.

So my Luxman is back to full function and recording nicely as I write this. So much for that Tech saying it would need alot of parts replaced and didn't want to do it. Glad he didn't want to do it, it saved me a lot of money. :)

Edits: 01/01/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.