Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Great Mouser story

No doubt most of us here have ordered from Mouser. I wanted to tell a positive story that happened to me earlier this week. I ordered a number of transistors from them, expecting that a few would be outside my desired tolerance. Quite normal. But one came in well below the manufacturer's minimum gain, and another was well below the others, although within manufacturer spec. One email to Mouser resulted in 2 new parts being sent to me free of charge. I offered to return the bad parts to them, but they felt there was no need for me to do that. That is true customer service.

Sometimes, ebay and other sites may offer what seems to be deals. But if you factor in potential counterfieting, factory seconds, failure rates and customer service, you may end up paying far more than what you would pay Mouser to get it right the first time. Or Mouser will make it right for you. As a side note, I placed another order with Mouser today. They will now be my #1 choice for buying parts.

I just wanted to pass on a positive experience since we only tend to hear about the bad ones these days.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Great Mouser story - bevo 20:01:52 09/24/09 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.