Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Possibly.

Hence my question to all: What could I have done to prevent this? I'm no newb at this, but I've sold very few sealed records, and no MFSL's that were sealed in the past. I've seen sellers that offer to unseal records before shipping to eliminate this risk, now I see it's not such a crazy thing to do. With all the extra packing board inside that cover, it must have taken some serious blows to do what is shown in the pics he sent me. I can imagine some tricks employing bubble wrap or some such to crowd the disc to prevent it from moving in a mild shock, but anything that would hold it against a really good jolt would pose other risks to the cover and possibly the disc. So I guess there may have been something I could have done a little better to harden the thing against what happened, but I really doubt it would have prevented all the damage (assuming those pics really do show my record).

What I'm really guilty of here is not protecting myself. I've done enough eBay to know better, but I'm rusty on selling items this valuable. I should have insisted on Priority Mail with insurance. Then it would be between him and his local postmaster, and I wouldn't get hit up for money. Hopefully I would still hear about mistakes and learn from them, but I couldn't be held financially liable for the damage. It's worked well in the past, I just need to remember to protect myself in the future.

Your tube seller went above and beyond btw, WAY above IMO. I assume he tested it beforehand and it was OK (I've sold a few tubes myself). Whether I would warrant something like that would depend on a number of things, mostly is it new or used? Can I get a truly like replacement easily? With rare NOS, it's as-is with my word it tested as reported for me, and any losses are covered by insurance. It's probably worth mentioning that I'm a warranty professional by day.

Don't let me do it without the fez on, so quoth Steely Dan :-)

dh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Possibly. - D Harvey 15:30:20 06/30/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.