Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Posted by ccklone (A) on December 6, 2015 at 09:11:10

We are posting this on ccklone's behalf, as we inadvertently deleted all 15 of his identitcal posts, on numerous boards, instead of just 14.

Posted by ccklone (A) on December 6, 2015 at 09:11:10

__

Hey Now,

This is off topic, but I want to let you know about a thief on our forums who goes by the user name likethesoup2@gmail.com or 2112 aka Michael Campbell. I recently answered an advertisement of his for an iFi Micro DSD DAC and some accessories for $423.00. I mailed him a check with the understanding he would send me the items when he received his new Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, which was okay by me. Well, I sent my check to him on 06NOV15, it cleared on 10NOV15. He said he received his Yggy DAC on 13NOV15, he told me my stuff would be shipped on 16NOV15. To date I have not received any information about my shipment. He has not corresponded with me since 22NOV15. He has stolen $423.00 of my money.

I have sent him daily texts, called him and left voice mails and sent e-mails with no response from him since 22NOV15. I gave him the benefit of the doubt since this was happening over the Thanksgiving holidays. But on Monday, 30NOV15, he posted twice in a thread over on Computer Audiophile. I sent a PM via Computer Audiophile immediately, texted and called him to find out what was going on. No response.

Then on Friday, 04DEC15, he posted a For Sale ad in Audio Asylum Trader for his brand new Schiit Yggdrasil DAC under a different user name, 2112, but with same e-mail address likethesoup2@gmail.com. I answered his advert with a different e-mail address and he responded enthusiastically trying to sell his newly purchased Yggy DAC. I got busy at work and could not respond right away and went back to view his ad. It was deleted. He figured out who I was, since I replied through Audio Asylum Trader, my moniker ccklone was appended to the e-mail. So he avoids my calls, texts and e-mails, he has decided to rip me off and steal my $423.00.

DO NOT DO ANY TRANSACTION WITH THIS THIEF!

Michael Campbell
1939 Summerclub Dr. #313
Oviedo, FL 32765
614-373-8215

I do not expect to ever see my items or my money refunded to me. He is just a petty thief. I just want to make everyone aware of his thievery and to warn anyone planning to deal with this low life. I have buying and selling on the internet for almost 20 years, even back to the old usenet.alt.marketplace days with bicycle parts and have never been ripped off before now. I am really pissed off.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera...
Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white,
clear as crystal! Blah, blah, and so on and so forth ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Posted by ccklone (A) on December 6, 2015 at 09:11:10 - The Bored 14:07:33 12/06/15 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.