Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Advice Please

Hi BadgerDMS - I had a similar situation on an Audiogon transaction many years ago. The buyer took 4 weeks before reporting a problem then wanted a full refund. Like you, the item was shipped with tracking info, double-boxed and in perfect working condition.

I refused the refund based on the 4 weeks from receipt to report so the buyer escalated to Audiogon through their "dispute" process. After exchanges from both parties with their side of the story and the facts of tracking (shipped and received dates), Audiogon sided with me due to the length and suggested two weeks was more than enough time and the buyer needs to take the responsibility to immediately unpack and fully check all functions.

Audiogon allowed 2 weeks in case of emergency trip, etc. In your case, I would deny the refund and make sure your funds are not in your PayPal balance in case the buyer pulls a stunt and disputes through PayPal.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.