Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Advice Please

I sold a DAC at the beginning of July on Audiogon that was in immaculate condition. The buyer received it on the 15th of July and I didn't hear anything back until August 17th at which point he informed me he's not sure it's working correctly because it's not outputing the balanced and unbalanced signals simultaneously. To be fair, I never tried to do that (and I'm not even sure it's supposed to).

He's claiming it's not working correctly and would like his money back, so (assuming it is supposed to do this): 1) What's a realistic time limit to find defects in a unit? At some point doesn't it happen on his watch and not mine? What's fair?; 2) Should I refund the money, offer to have it fixed or neither?

I'm just really thrown by the fact that (to my knowledge) it was in perfect working order when I shipped it. It was well packaged in the original packaging and arrived in great shape. That and the fact that it took him a month to tell me there was a problem, and I really wonder if he actually wants to use both outputs simultaneously or whether he's just trying to get out of the deal.

Opinions?

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Advice Please - BadgerDMS 19:53:33 08/24/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.