Shady Lane

RE: It is not fraud. Period. So the recorder broke with in transit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

'); } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } // End -->
Well, I won't say "always use PayPal" as a buyer. Ooops. Sorry. :)

You received the unit in a non-functioning condition. I mean what good is a tape recorder that won't record? You appear to have reported it to the seller upon receipt, so for the seller just to dismiss it (and you) is totally improper regardless of any other factor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the seller is willing to help resolve the situation, and leaving him a negative feedback (while certainly justified at this point, in my opinion) will only guarantee he won't help any further.

My suggestion would be to see if you can find a repair shop to take a look at it. It could be something very simple like a wire connection that came loose during shipment. Or maybe there's something fried inside that would indicate it was in that condition prior to the sale (in which you *could* have an actionable fraud case). If you can find someone to do look at it, see what the repair cost is (assuming it's not huge money) and then ask the seller to split the cost with you. You may be out another hundred or so to have it checked out, but that's better than $1k totally down the toilet. If the seller agrees to help with the repair cost, then I (personally) would just not leave any feedback at all. If he refuses, then leave the negative, and possibly take it further if warranted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]