Shady Lane

Canadian fraud

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Shady Lane ]

'); } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } // End -->
What should I do if I ordered a Revox B710-II cassette recorder from Canada (Canuckaudiomart) but its recording function does not work?

The parcel arrived quickly, was instantaneously released by the customs, then there was some delay during the processing stage, but then I finally received it.

The piece was packed very well but, as I said, it does not record. It was either damaged in transit or was sold in such a condition.

Initially, our correspondence went smoothly but then, when I reported the problem to the seller and offered to send it back, he answered "It's first time I see, when somebody does not know even how to connect RCA cables...it's excellent deck and was just out of service...read manual...and do according to it recording..."

"Read manual" implies "you are a fool...I don't want to discuss it any further..."

I reported this problem to Canuck Audio Mart moderators, they said I should report this problem using the Report This Ad function, which I did, but there is no result.

The seller did not respond to my several letters, and I believe he does not care whether I post a negative feedback or not.

His feedback is 95% positive, but before the purchase, he said he would not accept PayPal because he would not be protected that way. I trusted him and transferred money to his bank account. Am I "protected" now?

It was a good but very expensive lesson (US$ 1060).

What should I do now? Write him a new letter threatening to post a negative feedback and to contact relevant Canadian authorities? Or just contact these authorities, explain the situation and seek their assistance?

Any comments and recommendations will be appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]