Shady Lane

RE: That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

'); } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } else { document.writeln(' '); } } // End -->
I disagree selling hifi on ebay is no good anymore for small sellers . an ever increasing percentage of pricks know that paypal rules are in their favor and intend to rip sellers off on every large buy from small sellers. big sellers i believe have more power in disputes. if you are an occasional large value seller I wouldn't risk it personally. Or add enough on to allow for partial paypulls because some buyers see sellers buying price as simply a starting negotiating price and start a partial paypull claim knowing they get it every time.

also consider that vintage hifi collectors especially are by there very nature selfish unreasonable people. think about anyone that considers it ok to fill there house with gear they could never use simply because they desire it is usually a selfish dysfunctional person.
also consider cultural differences. many larger less western cultures consider corruption and scamming as cultural norms and will rip you off and be even offended when you call them on it. they feel for example you allowed me to scam you its your own fault! why are you getting angry with me? Sadly with multiculturalism we can no longer expect people to act honorably. before you get offended go look into it properly you will find legitimate study's showing this to be true.

tips for buying vintage speakers on ebay via post. never buy drivers from an audiophile. check what they are buying. chances are if they are worth having they will have kept them for themselves or sold them locally. your best chance. of buying a great pair of drivers is from a picker or lay person selling them still in the boxes. look for drivers for eg 8 inch drivers in there smallest recommended box because chances are they where run high on a shelf with a small amp for background music.

consider with vintage alnico error drivers that it can take 3 pairs to get a good pair through the post.

never buy a vintage tube off a radio guy unless you like to gamble because there idea off good can be very different to yours. again vintage radio guys can be the worst see above. beware of a nice pair of tubes in radioparts. often audio guys that get bad valves list them in radio in fact as above never buy dht from audio guys see above. I only buy a nice old tube on ebay from a big volume seller.

and personally I have quit buying a tube with any whitening of getter. I believe they are never going to sound good once they have whitened getter. your better off with a really pristine (ie a tube that has been in a warm dry place all its life) indirectly heated pent ode triode wired then a half gassed dht (not considered gassy by test). admittedly i haven't ab tested this last theory i plan to shortly.

sorry about this mess like all my posts its in the early hours in bed typing with mouse on ht tv system. though i usually delete them before i post them but this one iam not because this info has cost me dearly over the years as i live in small town in aussi and have had to ship everything off ebay i have, i have been ripped more times then not. i have been buying off ebay since the beginning i have seen many ebay rule changes and policy shifts. recently ebay has become only interested in big hi volume sellers. even larger vintage sellers know they no longer have to fear negative feedback. all they have to do is ring up and there neg feedback will be removed. so dont think the fear of negfe will keep them honest. i allso believe if a seller is to dispute you in ebay is because now they will win. go to paypal instead you have mutch better odds. Never be angry in message box it will go against you always communicate in ebay message never let the seller take you out into email or phone be suspicious if they try. everything in message is reviewed as evidence in disputes. never put home number in ebay. occasionally you come across people that will stalk you it has happened to me once when i worked out i was being scammed and pulled out off a 200 dollar sale. the guy stalked me for two years. if you want to sell its best to have a separate buyer account for this reason.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]