Shady Lane

Did he open the LP ???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

Are the pictures the buyer sent of an un-sealed LP? If so, you are no doubt being scammed. As a re-seller, he would have certainly left it sealed.

I doubt insurance would have done you any good in this situation as I can't imagine USPS paying a claim on split seams.

When I ship an LP that is still sealed I get heavy paper, like butcher paper and wrap the LP as tightly as I can. So far, this has prevented split seams, but I doubt it is fail safe.

I sell mostly old fishing tackle on FleaBay. I once sold a guy a vintage reel in pristine condition. When he got it he sent me pictures of my reel, but he had changed out all of the screws with ones with damaged heads. He wanted a refund. I went ballistic.

I called PayPal and told them to look at the pictures in my listing and the ones he sent me. They agreed I was right and asked him to return the reel with the correct screws. When I got the reel it still had the damaged screws. I called PayPal and luckily got them before they issued the refund. I then sent them pictures of the reel sitting on that day's newspaper, so they could see the date and know the pictures were real. I had them note that each and every screw was identical to the ones in the pictures the buyer had sent.

I won and he was banned from FleaBay.

The SOB still got all of the beautiful screws off my 120 year old reel, but at least I made his life a bit miserable.

I'd encourage you to continue selling. The good guys vastly out number the bad guys, in my experience. But, I completely understand how one bad transaction can make you want to call it quits.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Dean.

reelsmith's axiom: Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]