Shady Lane

RE: I could use some advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

I'd get on the phone with the seller, as email is notoriously bad for solving problems. Try to work out a deal that gets the TV replaced, with you and the seller splitting whatever cash outlay is needed while you wait for their claim with the freight company to resolve. Make the deal on the phone, confirm it in writing, then execute it.

In most cases, only the seller can file a claim with the freight company, because they are the ones who contracted for the shipping, even though you paid for it.

I can understand wanting to hang on to the broken set until the new one is in your hands, but if that approach results in a stand-off, maybe it's time to try something else. With Paypal in particular, I doubt they will do anything while you have possession of the broken set. Once the set is returned, they might, though I'd try very hard to work directly with the seller, and only turn to Paypal as a plan B.

Good luck.

WW

"A man need merely light the filaments of his receiving set and the world's greatest artists will perform for him." Alfred N. Goldsmith, RCA, 1922

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]