Shady Lane

RE: No No No!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]

Hate to be cruel but it takes two for a scam to work.

Everyone is looking for a deal and there is nothing wrong with that. But the poor schmuck that falls for this type of scam deserves what they get IMO.

This same scam artist is listing an ARC REF2 preamp for the same $2K price. I would love to score this preamp for $2K. I know better. They are worth far more than $2K and it is obvious this is a scam. The same scam artist has all kinds of high dollar ARC gear for a mere $2K.

Greed is what makes the scam work. The individual that falls for the scam has placed greed above common sense. As the old saying goes if it sounds too good too be true that is because it is too good too be true.

At least the scam artists on eBay are more sophisticated about it than the scam artists on Audiogon hi-jacking a legit eBay account. The Agon scammers just set-up a new account, overseas naturally, zero feedback and insanely low prices.

BTW I had the opportunity to buy a pair of ARC REF300 on eBay last summer for a mere $4.2K. Second chance offer since the winning bidder at $4.6K did not go through with the sale. Wonder why? Amps were located in Spain. Just a quick check of the sellers feedback showed no high dollar sales of any kind, all previous auctions were in the $100 or less range, no high end audio of any kind, and now suddenly a beautiful pair of REF300 for cheap. Hmmmmm............ I bid on this auction just to have some fun knowing it was a scam. Several days later I got the email alert from eBay.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Shady Lane ]
[ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]