Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Decware SE84UFO25

I am considering a Decware SE84UFO25 SET rated at 2.3 wpc. Having auditioned the amplifier and various Decware speakers I think it may be a viable option.
I am seeking advice from those that have experience with Decware amps and what speakers you found to mate with them especially well. Also, ideas on speakers that you have used with similar low power amps that may be a good fit. My listening bias leans to acoustic music, especially jazz. I also enjoy ambient, electronic, occasional folk, and classical music. For classical I lean towards smaller scale performances of the medieval and baroque periods. This system would not be for head banging, classic rock, or Hip-Hop. Critical parameters are the ability to recreate piano. double bass, sax, trumpet and a drum kit in a real space. Soundstage and imaging are important once instrumental timbres are maintained.

For those that respond with helpful speaker experience and ideas I'd like to thank you in advance. Not really seeking a technical explanation on various speaker topologies, as I get that already and is why I am seeking listener experience.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Decware SE84UFO25 - weedeewop 08:36:00 04/29/21 (41)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.