Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Listening to my New Korneff Clone 45 SET Amps .................

I tried the Emission Labs '45' Tubes quite awhile back, and they hummed like crazy in my very sensitive speakers.

The emission labs tubes are a higher power tube. In fact some people say that they are really not a 45 tube at all, and are more like a 2a3.... One reason a lot of people like them, is that they probably can use the extra power, with their less sensitive speakers. I for one do not desire more power and was not impressed at all with the Emission Labs Tubes. I sent them back immediately.

According to the Builder of my Korneff Clones, I can use 2a3 tubes in my New Amps without a circuit change. The Builder tried them when he had the amps and admitted a lot of the '45 magic' was gone with the 2a3 tubes... He had Altec Valencia Speakers (About 97db) and he was impressed with the extra power of the 2a3 tubes.... I won't ever need to go there with my 115db Horns. Old Stock 45 Tubes is what I Stick With!

Edits: 03/29/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Listening to my New Korneff Clone 45 SET Amps ................. - Cut-Throat 10:10:55 03/29/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.