Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I have a very early version of the 2.5V TJ Mesh Plate (perferations, not real mesh)...

Well, the ST build fixes the top to the glass with some mica. The design of this mica varied a fair bit, usually little nubs, the Tung-Sol mouse ears, and the 5881/6098-style additional pads...

The folks I talked to all said this was assembly for assembly alignment. As with all the internal features that often seem taken as hallmarks of THe Right Tube, I do have my doubts as to their intentional addition for anything else other than improving and shortening the ramp up to full specification production when it came time to execute a type run.

There have been plenty of leaner tubes through my hands, though this has mostly been base to glass. Sift a big pile of 6SN7's and see...:)
cheers,
Douglas

Friend, I would not hurt thee for the world...but thou art standing where I am about to shoot.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I have a very early version of the 2.5V TJ Mesh Plate (perferations, not real mesh)... - PakProtector 04:39:22 07/13/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.