Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: BEZ T3A-3 amp 2A3

Well I had time today to hook this into my system. Using a Sony CD player into a VTA SP9 tube preamp into the BEZ and playing through my HeathKit AS101's. They are basically Altec Valencias in much nicer cabinets. The HeathKits have been tweaked a bit, 902 drivers instead of the 806 drivers and a home built set of Model 19 crossovers.
Amazing how loud a few watt's can get on good speakers. Certainly is a different presentation from my Mac MC40 monoblocks. Enjoying some Dire Straits as I type.
I took a look inside, a piece of cover hardware had come loose and I needed to get it out before applying power. Nice looking transformers and all quality components including Russion PIO caps and quality resistors. All the wiring is point to point and done by someone with a high skill level. Even the tube sockets are high quality, none of that stuff where tubes can be placed in the wrong orientation like so many amps.
Overall, I'm very happy.

BillWojo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.