Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I own a bridge

I have no experience with Gemtune, neither purchasing nor listening to their products. What is their return policy? What if you don't like what it sounds like? Are there any independent reviews of the product(s) you are considering? Have you listened to other SET rigs? That way you would have a basis for determining how much your budget is costing you in terms of sound quality once you receive your mail order bride. I am not trying to be nasty, just questioning the approach of web-surfing to find something in your budget, rather than investigating products for sound quality. In SET, the iron quality really does make a difference, and that is where a lot of these low budget amps skimp to hit these price-points. I have built and purchase many SET amps, so have some basis for my concerns with your approach. I don't want you to be disappointed and blame it on the SET typology.
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra.

Cpwill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.