Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: 300b set versus 300b parallel set

There is nothing wrong with some Chinese amps and there is a lot wrong with other Chinese amps. It just depends on what you are looking at. I know a dealer here who sells amps from China, the US, Europe and Japan - and over the last 5 years the amps with the MOST problems have come from both Japan and the US. Both VERY VERY big name brands - noisy transformers - cold solders, hiss, hums and the sort. Meanwhile they have sold 3 times as many Chinese amplifiers and have had way less returned! So I would not put too much stock into "some guy" on an audio forum who is "guessing" about stuff that he's never heard or used.

This doesn't mean they won't have issue - Bentley has issues, Rolex has issues. So it goes.

A big 22 story or so building with floor upon floor of audio gear is at this address:

Grancastle Commercial Centre, 2T Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong. I think you have to leave through exit C of the Mongkok MTR but I am not 100%.

Keep this address someplace. It's a little tricky to find because HK is a very busy city and the entrance is not all that big.

There are several other buildings selling gear along with tubes. These shops sell level zero and one Audio Note. The big AN dealer is in Wanchai in the heart of the red light district on Lockhart road.

Audio Note is at
3/F, Beverly House, 93-107 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.