Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: More thoughts on wire direction:

"I think this phenomenon is mostly problematic for DIY communities, but lesser for commercial, where the later use a big spool of cable and for the most of the time, connect its end always on the same spot of the audio device."

I can tell you from 30 years of experience, that is hardly the case. First, I have yet to see a roll or box of wire from a standard cable manufacture that has direction markings on it.

Installation wise, there are many different techniques and practices. Sometimes the cable is pulled in place. Other times it is cut and re-spooled. Again in no case has any wiring technician I ever worked with worried about which end is which. Nor has any systems engineer I know ever specified such.

There is one exception. On power cables when installing the connector, there is a correct cable end so the wires spread into the screws properly. If you have the wrong end, two wires will have to cross making assembly more difficult. On multi-conductor cables the same scenario can apply. Of course this practice is strictly mechanical. It makes no difference electrically.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.