Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: More thoughts on wire direction:

1. Maybe so. Although I haven't tried, because my USB cable has an USB-A connector on the one side and USB-B on the other.

2. My personal opinion is that the direction of a cable alters the whole sound signature of an audio system. This same signature can be somewhat altered again by another component in the signal chain, subjectively compensating the "wrong" direction. Much less problematic is to use the "wrong" subjective direction on every system component, but keeping it the same for both stereo channels. Then you agree with the whole signature as the system's and if you don't like it, you start tweaking it with other components.
Much more problematic is to have one stereo channel with "right" cable directions and the other with "wrong" cable directions. Then you will have different sounding channels and there's nothing you can do about it.
I think this phenomenon is mostly problematic for DIY communities, but lesser for commercial, where the later use a big spool of cable and for the most of the time, connect its end always on the same spot of the audio device.
You cannot inverse the direction of PCB tracks. They can be considered a mix of right and wrong directions. They can be considered as a constant. But you can alter the whole system sound signature with your speaker cable or RCA cable.

3. It does function under a law of physics for sure, although I'm not sure exactly which.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.