Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Correct Direction of the Washer?

It seems there are gurus (self proclaimed) on this board who can hears the correct direction of a metal due to the grain orientations or metallic structure.

Thus, the question about the correct direction for the washer that needs to be installed in the screw type Power Filter caps. I also like to know what type is the best to use since I bought 3 different types after reading this thread.

1. Copper Colored Brass Washer Size # 10
2. Zinc coated Brass Locknut Washer Size # 10
3. Steel locknut washer Size # 10

It only cost me $1.29 for each pack of qty. 10 so I bought all 3 packs. I would like to use all 3 types of washer together if necessary.

Is it a good idea to use all 3 types or just one type?

If I need to use 2 or more washers, what would be the correct sequence to install these washers so electron flow is smooth without jitters?

I was also going to ask the direction of the screws going into the cap but after careful examination, I found it can only go one way. So, I just have to trust and hope the screw makers know the correct direction of the metals when they are cutting the screws. I really don't want to get screwed by it's almost impossible to screw it to the cap any other way!

Thanks for your expert opinions in this!
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.