Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

But for the Nth time...

"For physics insights, I say find electronics materials experts. There are many super high powered people in this field and we never get to hear about 99% of the research...most of which I couldn't care less about, to be sure!"

If there is any substance to wire directionality and only these top research guys are involved, still where is the commercial application?

Surely if there is something there we would know by now. Even if it has no commercial value, such a discovery would still be featured in most science and engineering journals. Just look st the controversy it stirs up here. This would be ground breaking news to the electrical industry as a whole.

That leaves two possibilities I can think of.

1) It has been formally investigated on the level you suggest and nothing of any relevance has been found.

2) Such a discovery would serve no commercial purpose so nobody will fund the research.

In either case it remains and audiophile legend. As for my interest, that's not my job. I deal in applications, not materials physics. If this becomes a new recommended practice to worry about wire direction based on solid accredited reviewed research, then most of the engineering community will comply.

But I don't see that happening.

"Pierre and Ron are actual trained engineering scientists"

I'm not so sure of that. Can you provide background?

P.S. The kind of background an employer or venture capital firm would require. Not some audiophile magazine bio!

Edits: 09/22/15 09/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.