Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Just to be clear, Gusser... aned a final comment

>>You mock EE's as a group.

Just to be clear, my critique of engineering relates to the observed tendency audio forum engineers have to speak out strongly with great asssumed authority on subjects that they actually know nothing about.

Lawyers might do the same thing! ;op

EEs are pretty good at practical electronics, some of them anyway. But there seems to be no clearly-addressed notion that people are on the end user side in many discussions.

The problem may be that EE is hard and takes time, so there is no luxury to study science theory or other subjects which many would consider part of a good, well-rounded liberal arts education.

Maybe at super intellectual schools, EEs get a whiff of some of this material. I sort of doubt it though. From what I see, engineering students live in their own colony within universities.

I can handle somebody not knowing obscure academic material they never studied...until people attack others with great indignation, based on very poorly formed notions of the "science" and social science they are using for ammunition.

This is socially destructive behavior and a disservice to all.

I feel like I am doing YOU a favor, Gusser, at some pain to myself, although I know you don't appreciate it. If you have a "scientific attitude", study what that means in depth and you will be more fulfilled in your vocation and life generally.

Free your mind and your ass will follow. I believe that.

I'd still be in school now, learning more about our cultural knowledge systems, except that my eyesight is shot and reading non-stop is no longer fun. I put in 35 semesters, so I suppose this is my life's work, overlapping with audio education. Neither gig pays squat.

I actually came up with some useful intellectual frameworks for myself in the course of this discussion. it helps my research to learn what people think and what questions they have about these methods...and what they eagerly buy as science with no solid reasoning behind it whatsoever.

I also developed an interesting cultural way to look at the kinds of tweakery under discussion, which I'll put out for further discussion someday.

I'll gladly spend time with anybody who wants to learn something I can help with. PM me if you don't want to get into the OK Corral gunslinging.

That's why I popped in here, to add some hopefully useful thoughts, but I gotta go. Out of town visitors tomorrow, not to mention the Pope in town!

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.